Humor and Healing from the Patient’s Perspective
Who knew a patient could teach healthcare professionals something they didn’t know they needed to learn? Exuding wit and energy, Brenda brings you into the moment of interaction with a patient in a way that makes them think differently. A rare look “behind the scenes,” with numerous and humorous insights for healthcare professionals, they will walk away assured they make a difference in the lives of their patients.
Brenda’s stories illustrate the need for humor with patients and their families to use as a coping tool through the laughter and the tears. The great side effect is that the healthcare professionals benefit too making the work place a healthier place to be.
- Understanding a Patient’s perspective
- Discover how patients use laughter to cope
- Ideas on how to use humor to relax patients and caregivers
- Use self-care to benefit yourself and the patient
Life, Lessons, and Laughter
Humor is like breath…it’s needed at work, home and play.
Brenda Elsagher will intertwine pertinent stories with a message customized for your group. A Certified, Humor Professional through the Association of Applied and Therapeutic Humor, Brenda will include interactive exercises that teach humor in everyday situations. Evidence based humor studies show that adding 15 minutes of humor daily can lower blood pressure, help with memory, change a depressive state, help facilitate digestion and give a person an overall sense of well-being. It is a lively, fun and educational session great for all audiences.
- Coping; mixing humor, tears and conversation
- Find the funny in a current crisis.
- Face adversity with less fear
- Lighten up, people will still know you mean business